Email & Texting Policy
Last updated September 10, 2018
How will EMSI use E-mail and/or Text?
- EMSI will limit e-mail/text correspondence to established patients who are adults 18 years of age or older and/or the legal representative(s) of the established patient(s);
- EMSI may use e-mail/text to communicate device and supply needs;
- EMSI may use e-mail/text to confirm usage compliance;
- EMSI may use e-mail/text to communicate questions/concerns about the patient’s demographics;
- EMSI may use e-mail/text to answer/communicate information regarding billing; and,
- EMSI may use e-mail/text to communicate treatment and payment information.
Guidelines for E-mail/Text Communication:
- Take precautions to protect the confidentiality of e-mail/text such as safeguarding your computer password and limiting access to your phone through password protection;
- Include your name and phone number in the body of the message;
- Always proof your message and the recipient’s address to ensure accuracy; and,
- Inform EMSI of changes to your e-mail address/phone number.
Risks Associated with E-mail/Text Use:
- E-mail/Text can be received by unintended recipients;
- E-mail/Text can be circulated, forwarded and stored in electronic and paper files;
- E-mail/Text senders can easily type in the wrong e-mail address/phone number; and,
- Back-up copies of e-mail/text may exist even after the sender/recipient delete his/her copy. Ability to Opt-out:
- Patients have the ability at any time to opt-out of using e-mail/text communication by notifying EMSI via telephone: (800) 588-8383 or (813) 931-2369, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a Medical Emergency Do Not Use E-mail.....call 911.