Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- EMSI will inform all patients of their Patient Rights on or around the time of beginning care, treatment and/or receipt of services from EMSI.
- EMSI will treat all patients in a dignified and respectful manner that supports their dignity.
- EMSI will respect all patients’ cultural and personal values and beliefs.
- EMSI will not discriminate against any patient on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age. EMSI adheres to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines that prohibit discrimination against patients.
- EMSI will respect all patients’ right to and need for effective communication by providing alternative methods of communication for patients with sensory impairment and limited language abilities.
- EMSI will respect all patients’ right to privacy – specifically as it relates to their Protected Health Information in accordance with EMSI’s Notice of Privacy Practices, state and federal laws, and regulations.
- Every patient has the right to know their financial responsibility and out of pocket costs as it relates to services and products provided by EMSI.
- Every patient has the responsibility to contact EMSI with questions pertaining to insurance coverage, billing, or out of pocket responsibilities.
- Every patient has the responsibility to pay EMSI for their out of pocket costs such as, coinsurance, deductibles, copays, etc.
- Every patient has the responsibility to notify EMSI when their demographic information changes, such as their mailing address, phone number, mobile number, email address, and/or emergency contact.
- Every patient has the responsibility to notify EMSI of additional secondary insurance coverage.
- Every patient has the responsibility to notify EMSI when their insurance policy and/or insurance carrier changes.
- Every patient has the responsibility to contact EMSI if they have any product questions: via telephone: 800-588-8383; or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concerns with patient safety and/or quality of care may be communicated to:
The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Blvd., Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181;